Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ski Touring




Having spent the last 12 days or so with some mystery bug I have been building up to a full day out over the last few days by some short ski tours on the hills behind my house and some extended sledging sessions with the kids. Today I teamed up with my mate Bryn for a short ski tour. We left my car in Llanberis and took his Bongo upto Waunfawr. We skinned up Moel Eilio and then across Foel Gron and Foel Goch and back down to Llanberis. We had some stunning views and it was great to be out again. The main challenge of the day was getting the cars to the car park and back in one piece! The skiing wasn't great as the snow was pretty cruddy today but it was brilliant to be out ski touring here in Snowdonia with coverage as far as the eye could see! Bryn had the best of the powder yesterday on the Glyderau as you can see in his film here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=473522183014&comments

No comments: