Monday, November 03, 2008

Climbing at Tremadog


This morning I accompanied a SARDA Wales (Search & Rescue Dog Association) dog handler, Sian and her dog Cadi on a small training exercise local to my house. I wanted to find out more about the work of SARDA and Cadi is a springer spaniel which I have a real affection for anyway. Cadi is one of a very small number of dogs that is being trained to search for bodies under water, using a boat as a platform to work from and indicating by a bark when she has scented - incredible stuff! 
This afternoon I headed out with a friend of mine, Andy, for a spot of climbing at Tremadog. The weather was perfect with blue skies, warm autumnal sunshine and even warm rock. We climbed Grim Wall Direct/Grim Wall E1 5b, 4c and Belshazzar HVS 4c, 5a. 

No comments: