Monday, November 16, 2015

Patagonia

I have spent an amazing two weeks in Patagonia running our first expedition to this awe-inspiring place. Patagonia has long been on my bucket list of places to visit and it did not disappoint! I might even go so far as to say that its the most amazing place I have ever been.

Huw and I were joined by Rachel, Janet, Sam, Simon, Charlie, Steve, Roddy, Bob, Paul and John for the trip which started in Argentina with a trek around the base of Fitz Roy. We had incredible weather with blue skies, sunshine and very little of the legendary Patagonian winds. The food was amazing, consisting mainly of steak and Malbec, even whilst camping!

For the second week we moved across the border to Chile and visited the Torres del Paine National Park. Our 6 day trek was a bigger version of the world famous W Circuit, with an additional day visiting the Bader Valley with a wild camp at the climbers campground in some magnificent surroundings. Again we had incredible weather - only needing waterproofs for 4 hours on the entire trek and with little in the way of wind.

I will be putting together a film of the trip and will post it here once I have finished it. In the meantime here are some photos to whet your appetite. (I took over 4000 photos - that's how good it was!)


























No comments: