Friday, April 10, 2015

Advanced Navigation Day

I have been running an advanced navigation course today assisted by Huw and with a great bunch of people who were all at various stages of their mountain training awards. We had some lovely clear weather and made the most of the visibility to spend the day relating map to ground and interpreting contours on our bespoke "contour only" mapping. A cracking day and I even had a testimonial waiting when I got in - we had a rescue this evening so I was slightly delayed!






Evening Rob, just landed home after a cracking day on the course today. Just wanted to say thanks very much to Huw(apologies if spelling incorrect) and yourself. To be honest I thought it would be a bit full on but I couldn't have been further from the truth. We didn't just learn about navigation though, we were given the opportunity to pick up tons of stuff about the environment and geology which made for a thoroughly great day.
I shall be recommending the day to as many folk as I can.
I'll be back for more training with you if you'll have me.
Cheers again for a brilliant day.
Al , who lives in Wigan but doesn't come from there.

Advanced Navigation Day - April 2015

No comments: