Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lighthouse Arete, Gogarth



Well Mike, Joe and I decided we fancied an adventure day of multi pitch climbing today so left the rain and low cloud of the mountains for the sunshine and warm rock of Anglesey. Well sort of! It was overcast and very windy when we arrived with the lighthouse flashing away nicely. I abseiled down and I could not help but notice that the usual belay ledge was very wet when boom I was drenched from head to foot in a massive wave! I decided we would skip the first pitch then and climb the top 3! We topped out as the rain set in and the lighthouse started up its foghorn with big grins all round. Lunch in the cafe was followed by a session at the climbing wall where the boys learnt to lead and each ticked 5c and had a spot of movement coaching. A great day out!

No comments: