Monday, July 23, 2007

Flooding


It was my 30th birthday on Friday and we had arranged a barbecue for friends and family, unfortunately the weather had other ideas!

Thanks to everyone who has sent messages of support during the flooding over the last few days. I have been at home thankfully and Kate and I have been very lucky that our house has not been affected.


I drove home on Friday afternoon and live in a small village just outside Evesham. I had to leave my car outside of the village and wade through the floods to get to our house which sits on high ground and so was not affected.

Many of our neighbours were flooded and Friday night was like living in a war zone, helicopters were buzzing all around us, relatives and friends were missing in flood water, the mobile phones stopped working, our power went off, the phone went down and it felt like the world was coming to an end!
Thankfully friends and relatives were found, some made it home and others sought refuge in strangers houses and the local leisure centre.
Evesham is still very badly affected but the River Avon is now falling. This week I was originally going to be in the Alps but it looks like I will be at home for a few days now!

Rob

No comments: